Applications call for the 25 Under 25 Leaders Changing the Game Award
In commemoration of International Youth Day and in celebration of the 10th year anniversary of its flagship program: Youth Leadership, Entrepreneurship And Development (YLEAD), the iKapture Centre for Development has launched the 25 Under 25 Leaders Changing the Game award.
The 25 Under 25 award celebrates young African leaders who are championing change in their communities through the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Nominations are now open to changemakers, entrepreneurs, volunteers, and advocates under 25 years across Africa.
The Award launch coincides with the 2020 International Youth Day with the theme ‘Youth Engagement for Global Action,’ which seeks to highlight young people that are working to ensure sustainable development in their various communities and provide ways for more young people to engage.
Entrants can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone who can testify of the impact of their work. 25 finalists will be shortlisted from a list of nominations based on 6 key categories which include:
- Poverty Eradication (SDG 1, 2)
- Education (SDG 4, 17)
- Environment (SDG 6, 7, 11, 13, 14, 15)
- Health (SDG 3)
- Human Rights (SDG 5, 10, 17)
- Entrepreneurship/Innovation (SDG 8, 9, 12)
The finalists 25 Under 25 Leaders Changing the Game Award will
- Receive an e-award certificate.
- Be featured on social media pages, Blankpaperz online publication and Opportunity Desk.
- Participate in a Virtual Meet-up with select Change Makers across the globe.
The award nominees of 25 Under 25 Leaders Changing the Game Award must
- Be aged 15 to 25 years.
- Be a citizen of an African country.
- Have been engaged in development work, business, or engaged in a leadership role for more than 12 months – either in a professional or voluntary capacity.
- Have a strong track record of implementing innovative ideas and linking their work and its impact on one of the 17 SDGs.
- Have demonstrated an understanding of the importance of youth engagement in key areas of development, business, and Leadership.
Visit this link to apply or nominate someone.
The post The 25 Under 25 Leaders Changing the Game Award appeared first on The Pakistan Post.