HEC STIPENDIUM HUNGARICUM SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) invites applications from Pakistani/AJ&K nationals for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme (2023-24), launched by the Hungarian Government for Bachelor’s, Master’s, One-Tier Master’s and PhD studies.
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available for Pakistani students fulfilling basic eligibility criteria in specified disciplines and other requirements of Hungarian universities under following programs:
- Bachelor’s Degree (after 12 years education)
- One-Tier Master’s Degree (after 12 years education)
- Master’s Degree (after 16 years education)
- PhD Degree (after 17/18 years education)
- Applicant must be a citizen of Pakistan/AJ&K.
- Applicants enrolled in last year of their existing study programs/degrees and result awaiting candidates are allowed to apply.
- The minimum age criteria for the scholarship is 18 years and the eligible applicants are those born before 01 September 2005
- For Bachelor’s (Undergraduate Programs) and One-Tier Master’s degree programs i.e. DVM, DPharm, Medicine/Dentistry etc., applicant must have completed HSSC/Intermediate or equivalent before August 01, 2023. In case of failure of submission of final degree and transcript on https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/ portal before August 01, 2023, candidature will be cancelled.
- For Master’s (Postgraduate Programs), applicant must have completed 16 years Bachelors/or equivalent degree before August 01, 2023. In case of failure of submission of final degree and transcript on https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/ before August 01, 2023, candidature will be cancelled.
- For PhD Programs, applicant must have completed 17/18 years Masters/MS/MPhil degree/or equivalent before August 01, 2023. In case of failure of submission of final degree and transcript on https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/ before August 01, 2023, candidature will be cancelled.
- The applicant must fill all the fields of the Hungary application form and HEC application form and no column or field should be left unfilled.
- Certificates/Transcripts/Degrees to be attached must be attested by the attesting authorities such as IBCC and HEC. Equivalence of O & A level from IBCC is mandatory for Bachelor’s (Undergraduate Programs) and One-Tier Master’s degree (OTM).
- IELTS/TOEFL scores as required, where applicable by Hungarian side.
- All applicants must submit medical certificate of satisfactory health condition (issued not earlier than 15 November 2022, a written certificate from a physician to prove that the applicant does not have the following illnesses: AIDS, Hepatitis A, B, C or any other epidemic conditions)
- In case of final selection, applicants will have to submit a bond on legal paper to HEC that he/she will not change discipline after final award of scholarship, and immediately after completion of his/her degree, he/she will return back to Pakistan to serve the country for a period as prescribed by the HEC. In case of failure to do so, HEC reserves the right to recover from candidate or his/her guarantor, a penalty amount as prescribed/decided by the HEC.
- Applicants must fulfill all other requirements set by host Hungarian university/Tempus Public Foundation/Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
- All applicants are required to provide HAT or USAT test scores. Applicant must have obtained a minimum score of 50 out of 100 in HAT or USAT test. Those applicants who have taken HAT or USAT test on or after January 01, 2022 may upload the test result on HEC portal for consideration. Without providing minimum HAT or USAT test score (50 out of 100), applications will not be considered for further process. Those interested applicants who are yet to take HAT or USAT test, may register for the same by visiting https://etc.hec.gov.pk/
Note: It is the sole responsibility of student(s) applying for any professional degree (Medical, Engineering, Nursing, Architecture, Law, Veterinary Medicine etc.) to first get confirmed its accreditation from the respective Councils i.e. Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC), Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC), Pakistan Council for Architects and Town Planners (PCATP), Pakistan Bar Council (PBC), Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council (PVMC), Pakistan Technology Council etc.
Applications will not be considered in the following cases:
a. Pakistanis having dual citizenship.
b. Applications misrepresent any information, even if the misrepresentation is pointed out after the scholarship is awarded.